ST. ANTHONY'S ROSARY
It is composed of 39 beads. On each bead say One our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be preceeded by one of the following invocations.
If then you ask for miracles, go to St. Anthony
- Death – O blessed Anthony, at whose word the dead arose, pray for the agonizing and the faithful departed.
(After each invocation say one our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be)
- Error O blessed Anthony, preserve us from all error and pray for the church.
- Calamities O blessed Anthony, preserve us from the calamities we deserve for our sins.
- Leprous stain O blessed Anthony, guard our souls from all impurity and our bodies from infirmity.
- Demons Fly – O blessed Anthony, terror of the demons, preserve us from the snares of the devil.
- Health succeeds infirmities O blessed Anthony, cure by thy intercession the sick and suffering in soul and body.
- The sea obeys – O blessed Anthony, watch over all travelers, bring them safely to their destination and deliver us from the storms of our passions.
- Fetters break – O blessed Anthony, pray for all in prison and deliver us from the captivity of sin.
- Lifeless limbs thou dost restore O blessed Anthony, preserve us from all accidents and mutilation that we serve God with sound bodies and souls.
- Teasures lost are found again O blessed Anthony, restorer of things lost, restore to us all that we may have lost, spiritually and temporally.
- All dangers vanish at thy prayer O blessed Anthony, protect us in all perils of soul and body.
- Direst need doth quickly flee O blessed Anthony, lover of the poor, help us in our needs and obtain work and bread for all in want.
- Let those know thy power proclaim O blessed Anthony, we thank God for all the favours bestowed on thee and beseech thy protection in life and death.
THIRTEEN SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF ST, ANTHONY
- O Glorious St. Anthony, you who were born under the protection of Mary and who consecrated to her form the age of five lily of your virginity, you who put the demon to flight by the sign of the cross, obtain for us a tender devotion to our Blessed Mother and the strength to triumph over all the attacks of our internal enemy.
(After each salutation say one our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be)
- O Glorious Saint, you who to escape from the world, disdaining greatness, riches and comforts, entered the institute of the Canons Regular of St. Augustine, obtain for us a true contempt for the world.
- O glorious Saint, you who burning with the desire to suffer martyrdom, entered the order of the Seraphic St. Francis, obtain for us the spirit of penitence and mortification.
- O Glorious Saint, you who guided by sentiments of the most profound humility, did all in your power to hide yourself from the eyes of the world when God suddenly showed you forth as an ark of science and of sanctity obtain for us the grace of practicing that virtue.
- O Glorious Saint, you who chosen by God to preach His word received from Him the gift of tongues and the power of working the most wonderful miracles, obtain for us the grace to listen willingly and with fruit of the Divine Word.
- O Glorious Saint, you who by your ardent love of God merited to receive in your arms the divine Infant Jesus, obtain for us the grace of receiving Him in the blessed Eucharist with love and fervour.
- O Glorious Saint, you who who to confound the heretics, proved to them the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Eucharist by making a dumb beast kneel down and adore it, obtain for us the grace of adoring Jesus with a lively faith in the Blessed Sacrament.
- O Glorious Saint, you who on the refusal of men to come and hear the word of God, called the fishes of the sea together and preached to them, obtain for us the perfect submission of our minds and hearts to the Divine Truths.
- O Glorious Saint, you who as protector of the innocent of the innocent made a baby speak to save the honour of its mother, obtain for us the grace of being strong in the midst of the persecutions of the world and to preserve intact the purity of our souls.
- O Glorious Saint, you who while preaching at Padua showed yourself at the same time at Lisbon by a marvelous miracle for the purpose of saving your father from calumny and death, obtain for us that we may pardon all injuries from the bottom of our hearts and love our enemies.
- O Glorious Saint, you who by your prayers, your zeal and your heavenly wisdom, converted thousands of heretics and hardened sinners, obtain for us the grace of true conversion and that we may give ourselves entirely to God.
- O Glorious Saint, you who in imitation of your Divine Redeemer spent all your life for the salvation of souls, obtain for us the great grace of seeing Jesus as you saw Him, when you breathed your last sigh and of being saved with you in heaven for all eternity.
- O Glorious Saint, you whom God has endowed with the power of unceasing has endowed with the power of unceasing miracles and answer the prayers of those that invoke you, obtain for me from Jesus through Mary His Blessed Mother what I beg of you so ardently, if it is for the good of my soul. Amen.
THE LITANY OF ST. ANTHONY
(As used in the Franciscan order)
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.
Christ, hear us.
Christ, graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven. Have mercy on us.
God the son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Ghost, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity one God, have merct on us.
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins,
St. Anthony of padua,
St. Anthony, man of Apostolic zeal,
St. Anthony, filled with the spirit of the Prophets,
St. Anthony, Sublime Doctor,
St. Anthony, Light of Holy Church,
St. Anthony, Preacher of grace,
St. Anthony, Trumphet of the Even gelical Law,
St. Anthony. Mirror of regular Discipline,
St. Anthony. Prodigy of austerity,
St. Anthony, Vessel of resplendent purity,
St. Anthony, Model of penitence,
St. Anthony, Example of obedience,
St. Anthony, illustrious Lover of poverty,
St. Anthony, Lily of chastity,
St. Anthony, Rose of patience,
St. Anthony, Violet of humility,
St. Anthony, pearl of holiness,
St. Anthony, Hammer of heretics,
St. Anthony, fervent advocate of divine worship,
St. Anthony, burning with an ardent thirst for salvation of souls,
St. Anthony, consumed with a desire for martyrdom,
St. Anthony, Lover and constant follower of jusus,
St, Anthony, most devout client of the Mother of God,
St. Anthony, Holy emulator of the Seraphic Francis,
St. Anthony, Celebrated among all Wonder-workers,
St. Anthony, Faithful protector of those who trust in thee,
St. Anthony, Recovered of objects lost,
St. Anthony, provider for the poor,
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, spare us O lord,
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, Graciously hear us, O Lord,
Lamb of God, who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
V) Pray for us, O blessed Anthony.
R) That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.